Individual Artist Fellowships
The Individual Artist Fellowship program recognizes exemplary work by Nebraska artists and provides support through public recognition and monetary awards of $1,000-$5,000. Applicants are adjudicated by a professional, out-of-state panel according to the merit of their work. The program rotates annually, highlighting different artistic disciplines each year.
Upcoming Award Cycles
2018 -- Literature, Deadline November 15, 2017
2019 -- Visual Arts, Deadline November 15, 2018
2020 -- Performing Arts/Filmmaking, Deadline November 15, 2019
- Applicant must be 19 years old or older and a resident of Nebraska for two years prior to the application date and remain a resident of Nebraska during the fellowship award period of one year. To receive an award, the recipient must submit proof of residency via a notarized affidavit of residency, which will be kept on file at the NAC office.
- Applicant must not be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or certificate-granting program in the artistic field in which the application is being made.
- Applicant must be the originator of the work, not an interpreter of the work of others.
- All previous fellowship winners are eligible to reapply. Previous winners must have completed their grant award requirement to be eligible, submit work not previously part of an award-winning application and can only apply every three years.
- This is a competitive program based on a professional peer review process. Applicants are adjudicated according to the merit of their work by out-of-state jurors selected for their expertise as established career professionals in the artistic discipline under consideration.
- Evaluation criteria are based on the quality of work, which includes innovation demonstrated by significant critical and aesthetic considerations explored through the art form.
Application Process & Requirements
- The IAF application process is conducted online via SlideRoom.
- Applicants must provide an artist statement and a resume/CV.
- Applicants must provide detailed information and upload media as specified for particular artistic discipline. This may include video, audio and/or PDF files.
- The Nebraska Arts Council’s SlideRoom portal offers complete instructions and technical support for submitting work.
Contact: Launa Bacon // 402.595.3935