Individual Artist Fellowships
The Individual Artist Fellowship program recognizes exemplary work by Nebraska artists and provides support through public recognition and monetary awards of $1,000-$5,000. Applicants are adjudicated by a professional, out-of-state panel according to the merit of their work. The program rotates annually, highlighting different artistic disciplines each year.
Thank you to everyone who applied at the November 15 deadline for Performing Arts and Filmmaking! Our staff will take a close look at each application before passing along to panelists for review. Recipients will be announced in April 2017.
Upcoming Award Cycles
2018 -- Literature, Deadline November 15, 2017
2019 -- Visual Arts, Deadline November 15, 2018
2020 -- Performing Arts/Filmmaking, Deadline November 15, 2019
- Applicant must be 19 years old or older and a resident of Nebraska for two years prior to the application date and remain a resident of Nebraska during the fellowship award period of one year. To receive an award, the recipient must submit proof of residency via a notarized affidavit of residency, which will be kept on file at the NAC office.
- Applicant must not be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or certificate-granting program in the artistic field in which the application is being made.
- Applicant must be the originator of the work, not an interpreter of the work of others.
- All previous fellowship winners are eligible to reapply. Previous winners must have completed their grant award requirement to be eligible, submit work not previously part of an award-winning application and can only apply every three years.
- This is a competitive program based on a professional peer review process. Applicants are adjudicated according to the merit of their work by out-of-state jurors selected for their expertise as established career professionals in the artistic discipline under consideration.
- Evaluation criteria are based on the quality of work, which includes innovation demonstrated by significant critical and aesthetic considerations explored through the art form.
Application Process & Requirements
- The IAF application process is conducted online via SlideRoom.
- Applicants must provide an artist statement and a resume/CV.
- Applicants must provide detailed information and upload media as specified for particular artistic discipline. This may include video, audio and/or PDF files.
- The Nebraska Arts Council’s SlideRoom portal offers complete instructions and technical support for submitting work.
Contact: Launa Bacon // 402.595.3935