Federal Assistance

Federal Emergency Management Agency:

Individuals living in Butler, Cass, Colfax, Dodge, Douglas, Nemaha, Sarpy, Saunders, and Washington counties have the opportunity to apply for Individual Disaster Assistance. This will provide help to individuals and families who have lost their homes. Start the application process:


Download mobile app at:

On a smart phone: download the FEMA app and click on “disaster resources,” then “apply for assistance online.”

By phone, call FEMA’s toll-free registration line at 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585; or use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS). Telephone registration is available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Daylight Time seven days a week.

Visit a Disaster Recovery Center. To find the nearest DRC, go online to

U.S. Small Business Administration Assistance:

U.S. SBA Nebraska Resource Partners, Development Centers, and Free Services:

U.S. SBA Business Recovery and Disaster Recover Centers in Nebraska:

As a result of the emergency declaration, Nebraska businesses can now apply for low-interest federal disaster loans. These loans are provided through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and can be used to help repair the damages to their businesses.

U.S. SBA Disaster Loan Assistance:

U.S. SBA Disaster Loans Factsheet:

Call the main SBA Nebraska office at 402.221.4691.

Businesses and residents can visit, call SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800.659.2955 or email TTY users may also call 800.877.8339.

Tax Relief and Assistance:

Nebraskans who live in or own a business in Butler, Cass, Colfax, Dodge, Douglas, Nemaha, Sarpy, Saunders, and Washington counties may qualify for tax relief.


Call the following offices:

Lincoln: 402.473.4680

Norfolk: 844.595.5640

North Platte: 308.532.8810

Omaha: 402.233.7232

Scottsbluff: 308.635.3435