The Arts Accessibility Grants program provides non-matching reimbursement grants to Nebraska nonprofit organizations to defray costs involved in opening performances to all individuals regardless of accessibility barriers. This program is made possible with support from the Nebraska Cultural Endowment.
Applicants must be either:
a. Incorporated as a nonprofit organization currently registered with Nebraska Secretary of State’s office and physical location in Nebraska.
b. Subdivision of government, school, or religious organization with appropriate legal status with the State of Nebraska.
c. Basic Support Grant (BSG) and Annual Series and Events (ASE) grantees are eligible to apply.
o Fees for licensed American Sign Language Interpreter(s)
o Fees for licensed Audio Description Services
o Fees for Sensory Guide Services
o Fees for contracted transportation expenses (bus, minivan, Uber, parking, etc.)
o Cost of printing Braille programs, sensory service programs, and/or large print guides
o Cost of Sensory Kits
• Contact NAC staff for additional guidance if your accessibility expense is not listed.
• Grant funds may not be used to pay for durable equipment with an estimated cost of more than $5000 and/or a lifespan of more than one year.
• Priority will be given to organizations and communities that lack access to arts or cultural programs due to geography, economic conditions, ethnic background or disability.
• Applicants will register on NAC’s online grant system prior to applying. Once set up in the system, the applicant will select the Arts Accessibility Grants category. Applications must be complete in order to submit.
• If you have questions, please contact NAC via email at email@example.com or call 402-595-2124.
For questions about the Arts Accessibility Grant Program contact: Linda Hilliar // 402.595.3940
For questions about specific outreach, services, and resources, contact our NAC Accessibility Specialist - Robin Richards // 402.595.3934