Individual Artist Fellowships
The Individual Artist Fellowship program recognizes exemplary work by Nebraska artists and provides support through public recognition and monetary awards of $1,000-$5,000. Applicants are adjudicated by a professional, out-of-state panel according to the merit of their work. The program rotates annually, highlighting different artistic disciplines each year.
2019 Individual Artist Fellowship | Visual Art Recipients
Congratulations to the 2019 IAF recipients!
Upcoming Award Cycles
2020 -- Performing Arts/Filmmaking | Deadline November 15, 2019
2021 -- Literature | Deadline November 15, 2020
- Applicant must be 19 years old or older and a resident of Nebraska for two years prior to the application date and remain a resident of Nebraska during the fellowship award period of one year. To receive an award, the recipient must submit proof of residency via a notarized affidavit of residency, which will be kept on file at the NAC office.
- Applicant must not be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or certificate-granting program in the artistic field in which the application is being made.
- Applicant must be the originator of the work, not an interpreter of the work of others.
- All previous fellowship winners are eligible to reapply. Previous winners must have completed their grant award requirement to be eligible, submit work not previously part of an award-winning application and can only apply every three years.
- This is a competitive program based on a professional peer review process. Applicants are adjudicated according to the merit of their work by out-of-state jurors selected for their expertise as established career professionals in the artistic discipline under consideration.
- Evaluation criteria are based on the quality of work, which includes innovation demonstrated by significant critical and aesthetic considerations explored through the art form.
Application Process & Requirements
Contact: Meagan Dion // 402.595.3935