1. Describe your normal studio or workplace.
My workplace is typically in a section of my home that is a loft area that holds a keyboard and also an office space.
2. Describe your makeshift studio or workplace in a time of social distancing or isolation.
It is in my home so nothing is different.
3. How has sharing your work with co-creatives or others shifted?
The social distancing has made it very difficult to get together and work on new materials. Much of that is not happening right now.
4. What is your favorite non-art oriented activity that inspires you?
Working out inspires me. In fact I wrote a song one time from what sounds I heard the elliptical machine was making. Crazy.
5. How has working in a socially distant environment affected your work?
It has prevented me from doing any performing and cancelled all the events I had for the spring and summer.
6. What is your favorite go-to snack after long hours working on you artistic practice?
I don’t snack.
7. What are one/two of your favorite books that resonate with you and/or your practice?
The bible, other books that are not easy reading but put a passion in my heart (social justice types).
8. Who are one/two of your favorite artists that inspire you?
Barbra Streisand, Laura Nyro, Nina Simone, Rachelle Farrell.