1. Pick up a small drawing journal and a nice pen or pencil. The journal can be six by eight inches- nothing large, nothing expensive. It’s ok to spend more on the pen or pencil.
2. Find 10 minutes each day to draw and write. Don’t cheat this part! Do this every day, 10 minutes minimum
3. Don’t share this with anyone
4. Don’t try to prove anything
5. Don’t edit what your hand and mind want to make
6. Draw anything around you: your cat, a plant, a tree, your dinner, your laundry
7. If the drawing doesn’t express what you are seeing, try words
8. If words don’t express what you are seeing, try drawing
9. keep it up!