This program provides grants to hire an artist to lead workshops at senior centers, assisted living facilities, libraries and nonprofit organizations serving older adults. Applicants select from a list of teaching artists (see below) trained in best practices of engaging older adults.
During a residency, artists will share their expertise through sequential arts lessons, helping participants hone their skills in a variety of disciplines. Programs will also foster intentional social engagement among participants, culminating with a special event to showcase their work with peers and the community.
Please note that now through July 1st, 2023, NAC will only accept one CAAP application per program location.
Nonprofit organizations incorporated in Nebraska that are federally tax-exempt, public agencies, and sub-divisions of governmental agencies. Assisted Living Facilities, Senior Centers, Public Libraries, Housing Authorities, Area Offices on Aging, and nonprofit organizations serving older adults (more than 55 years of age) are encouraged to apply.
At least six weeks prior to the event date. Applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received.
$3,000 maximum. No match is required.
To apply, please use the NAC online grant system.
If this is your first time using the system, please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Trained* in best practices of engaging older adults in professional arts instruction, the following teaching artists are certified to conduct CAAP residencies.
Note, some of the artists whose names are hyperlinked are also part of NAC’s teaching artist roster. Others are hyperlinked to their own websites.
(402) 454-5144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed media art, watercolor, acrylic painting
(605) 675-9830 | email@example.com
Barn quilt design and acrylic painting
(401)249-8241 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Exploring the use of watercolor and sketching
(402) 689-7614 | Sarah.email@example.com
Creative storytelling, adapting classic works for performance
(402) 357-3344 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Scriptwriting, performance, dramatic readings
(531) 772-7558 | email@example.com
Visual arts, drawing with colored media
(402) 540-1242 | firstname.lastname@example.org | rdhdance.org
Experience joy through contemporary dance
(308) 631-1625 |email@example.com
Exploring watercolor painting
(402) 321-6884 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Theatre workshop and performance
(402) 275-3221 | email@example.com
Songwriting, recording, and performing
(402) 305-3220 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed media collage, drawing, printmaking, mural painting
(308) 225-1713 | email@example.com
Painting, color mixing, and composition
(402) 990-8582 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Watercolor, acrylic painting, and fresco
(605) 760-1183 | email@example.com
Introduction to acrylic painting
(308) 991-7354 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandalas – Self-expression, personal symbols, and decorative design with Prismacolor pencils and markers
Storytelling through photo collage and bookmaking
(401) 290-4288 | email@example.com
Exploring identity through drawing, painting, and printmaking.
(402) 960-9330 | firstname.lastname@example.org
(308) 529-8992 | email@example.com
Ceramics and Photography with a smartphone
(402) 499-6111 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Guitar, ukulele, and hand percussion
(402) 680-8755 | email@example.com
Creating poetry about memories and life stories
(503) 841-3431 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Drawing in graphite, charcoal and chalk, oil painting
(402) 203-9605 | email@example.com
Watercolor landscape painting, clay, and wire sculpture
(402) 660-6892 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Create and perform original dramatic radio shows
(531)772-7558 | email@example.com
Scottish country dancing
(402) 483-0747 | Info@LindaStephen.com
Introduction to origami and the art of paper folding
(402) 214-5297 |firstname.lastname@example.org
Create sculptural artwork that combines painting, printmaking, and weaving.
(707) 225-1361 | email@example.com
Creating a narrative with mixed media and glass mosaics
(347)601-7963 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Storytelling, personal expression, and sharing
(515) 231-3621 | email@example.com
Modern dance performance workshops
(402) 699-4760 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s have a conversation and create pottery with friends.
The map markers indicate the municipality in which an artist resides, not their actual address. Artists on the CAAP roster receive a travel stipend when delivering programming in communities more than 30 miles from their home.
Contact Anne Alston for more information.